Technical Program Manager, Charitable Giving
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Are you excited about enabling change and driving impact through cross-group coordination? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? Are you eager working with social impact businesses, nonprofits and community leaders worldwide?
We are looking for candidates that share our excitement for: transforming communities, tackling complexity, building systems and processes to accelerate execution and developing platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Facebook's Social Good team, driving some of the Charitable Giving (CG) team's initiatives. Supporting causes that people care about is the mission of the CG team, where people now have raised more than a US$1B through this platform.
Relevant experience is important, but equally important is your demonstrated abilities, attitude and interest. Social Good is consistently redefining how social experiences and platforms can bring big changes within communities or countries, and we need program managers that are ready to do the same. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park and will report to a Technical Program Manager.
- Help drive program objectives to align with Charitable Giving team initiatives.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, and implementation phases.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across engineering, operations and partnership teams.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Monitor integrity, risk and change management across projects.
- Coordinate with engineering on tracking bugs/feature requests, and improving system reliability.
- Technical experience (B.S in Computer Science or similar experience).
- 4+ years of experience in software/systems engineering, program/product/project management.
- Knowledge with backend reliability, efficiency, quality and/or performance work.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience to large-scale systems and experience writing code/queries.
- Experience with data, databases and tools (SQL, NoSQL, Tableau, R, etc.).
- Experience with philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, working with nonprofit/NGOs, governmental agencies.
Back to top