Technical Program Manager, Central Product Platform
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Central Product Platform engineering, driving large projects that span the organization and are cross functional. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination, execution and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of software engineering, systems engineering, program/product management, or similar experience.
- Experience in backend reliability, efficiency, quality and/or performance work.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and some experience writing code/queries.
- Proven communication experience, whether it is with peers, teams and leadership.
- Experience in building privacy-aware infrastructure components to support GDPR, CCPA compliance.
- Experience in handling data enforcement & retention, data purpose & policy definition, and proper usage.
- Experience in building tooling to verify compliance with large-scale dataset and detect issues early.
- Experience in working with Big Data software such as SQL, Hive, Spark, Presto or similar technologies.
- Experience with running large, cross-functional technical programs involving multiple organization wide teams.
Back to top