Technical Program Manager Cellular and Wireless Connectivity
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with an interest in wireless/cellular/telecom connectivity deployment projects including the access, backhaul, core and management elements. The programs will support our global connectivity initiatives including the Telecom Infrastructure Project and internet.org. This is a full-time position based in our Dublin Office.
- Work closely with teams in TPM and our partner teams to drive various Connectivity Projects to a successful completion.
- Guide retrospective reviews of completed projects with teams to incorporate lessons learned into team’s future roadmaps & goals.
- Work with Stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for our connectivity efforts.
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program.
- Ability to understand high level architecture for system dependencies and translate these into technical roadmaps
- Align cross-functional stakeholders on objectives and goals for the program, gather and prioritize requirements.
- Work with the various engineering teams to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals and objectives. Oversee the development process. Oversee testing (functional, non-functional, user-acceptance etc.).
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates. Maintain program status pages and provide frequent program updates. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Work with Stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for our connectivity efforts
- Managing the program risk by leading a regular cadence of risk meetings, updating the risk register, and implementing risk mitigation.
- Evangelize strategic direction, influence cross functional teams and communicate status to stakeholder teams
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure key decisions are captured and all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting are maintained. Document end-to-end business process (workflows) as they are defined throughout the program.
- Oversee deployment activities as well as training for all teams and ensuring a smooth hand over to operations.
- Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution.
- Managing a team of System Engineers and Subcontractors for delivering high quality deliverables by ensuring contract compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations are being met and complied with.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimise schedules accordingly.
- Ensure consistency across projects, regions globally and alignment with other team members.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years deploying wireless connectivity solutions with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech infrastructure space.
- Proven WiFi/Cellular Network deployment project management, inter-personal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Must have program management experience in building scalable, network construction, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles.
- Having worked in Software Development, Network Engineering, and Operational environments is a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top