Technical Program Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we're developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. As a Technical Program Manager, your job will be figuring out what we need to do to build it. You'll be a critical member of the Graphics team working closely with a multi-disciplinary group of research teams. You will work with internal Reality Labs teams, academic institutions, external partners, and vendors. To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating their work to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to use a light touch to find ways to help the team be more efficient.
- Program Manage our graphics research lab's efforts.
- Work with research teams to identify scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Develop flexible project roadmaps and schedules to help teams complete research prototypes, user studies, and technology transfer to product teams.
- Ensure that the information your team needs is complete, current, accurate, and easy to find.
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with team leaders to maintain full visibility of the project status and potential roadblocks.
- Coordinate communication between internal and external teams.
- Build relationships with vendors, Universities and other external partners, drafting statements of work and managing ongoing work.
- Embrace changes in priority as Research finds new approaches to big problems.
- Work closely with IT to ensure that the team has the resources necessary to achieve goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading programs in research or product development.
- Experience contributing to graphics teams in either a technical or program role.
- Project management, budgeting and organizational experience.
- Communication skills and experience working across many disciplines.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques.
- Experience with computer graphics for film and/or video games.
- Realtime distributed rendering experience.
- Start-up experience.
Back to top