Technical Program Manager - Carriers
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Emerging Technologies team at Facebook Reality Labs is responsible for building devices and experiences that bring Facebook's products and technologies to new areas. We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager - Carriers, to play a key role in integrating the future of hardware products with mobile network operators around the world.As a Technical Program Manager, Carriers, you will play a key role in interfacing with our partnerships team, carrier engineering teams, contractors, and mobile network operators. This will require driving and managing the carrier device development plan, guiding execution through the planning of device requirements, managing milestones per the schedules, managing collaboration with the carrier engineering team on feature scope and compliance, and identifying and mitigating risks. Ownership of complicated dependencies and communication of program status is a key requirement.
- Drive and track the delivery of LTE certification for our newest line of AR/VR products across multiple mobile network operators worldwide.
- Create development, delivery, and compliance schedules based on system requirements, technical challenges, lead-times and business needs.
- Manage communication within, and between, internal engineering and external vendor teams.
- Work with internal engineering teams to set milestones, meet carrier compliance requirements, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and build processes for future certification.
- Coordinate and contribute engineering tasks, specifications, design options, and testing plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning and future planning.
- BS in engineering, telecommunications, or equivalent technical experience.
- 3+ years working with mobile network operators with direct certification experience.
- Understanding of mobile network operators business models and incentives.
- Knowledge of program and issue tracking.
- Experience operating autonomously in ambiguous and complex environments.
Back to top