Technical Program Manager, Business Data
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our team's mission is to build a complete and accurate dataset of every business on the planet in order to help people discover, learn about and more easily transact with the businesses they care about most. Our data powers products across the Facebook Family of apps including Facebook Pages, Events, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp. We work on solving problems related to machine learning, data aggregation, ingestion, harmonization, attribute quality, human labeling/curation, measuring data quality, and measuring downstream impact. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work with our cross-functional team, and cross-functional teams across Facebook, to enable us to more efficiently execute on developing shared infrastructure, measuring data quality, and driving data quality improvements.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how businesses operate? Technical Program Managers work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies and practices for productivity, product reliability, quality, and growth. You must have experience effectively collaborating both with external partners and cross-functional teams to drive results and go beyond execution. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are essential. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage cross-functional programs covering a range of areas including backend infrastructure, measurement, human labeling and curation, capacity management, and data quality initiatives.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals, milestones, and impact of your team.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience and experience to large-scale systems
Back to top