Technical Program Manager, Aquila
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Connectivity Labs is seeking a Technical Program Manager to help run programs to bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects will support the company's mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org's mission to make affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected.
- Manage connectivity Lab Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) projects across the globe covering a range of technologies
- Manage UAS hardware and aircraft systems solution development, deployments, end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands-on program management during planning, analysis, implementation and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management projects.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs and other related cross-functional areas
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries
- B.S. or higher in a technical discipline
- 10 or more years experience of Aerospace/Aircraft Systems Design with 5 or more years experience with a focus on technical/engineering and program management
- Experience in end-to-end aircraft life cycle and development management
- Experience with design, fabrication and test of UAS, including composite fabrication, solar power, and avionics
- Experience managing programs related to airframe design, communications systems, command and controls systems, flight control systems, power and propulsion systems and mission processing
- Experience with flight operations, mission plans, schedules in addition to manufacturing
- Working experience of project management tools
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Knowledgeable in: MS Office, MS Project and/or Omni-Planner, and standard scheduling terms/best practices
- Ability to decompose large activities into small steps
- Knowledgeable about aircraft development
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Engineering Degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top