Technical Program Manager, Android Release
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Release Engineering plays an integral role in implementing and executing product release processes. In this role, you will manage all of the releases for Android main app, helping teams ship code on a regular basis to users worldwide. This team is seeking a person with a strong project management background, a passion for making tools that scale, and someone that gets the job done on-time. The Release Engineering team ensures that new software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production. The team establishes procedures and develops tools that are used by both the Engineering, Product Management, and Operations teams. As a TPM, you’ll use your strong technical ability to drive product releases across all Android product teams. As part of the team, your main responsibilities will be ensuring that products are delivered on time, with a repeatable and scalable process. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Ships weekly releases on time and at a high quality bar.
- Help develop metrics and measure app health, and drives improvements to release quality.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, to ensure high quality of releases.
- Acts as a liaison with external partners.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Communicate status and big picture to the product team and management.
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating engineers across verticals.
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication, coordination, and organizational skills and experience getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work directly with technical engineering teams and management.
- Understanding of relevant technologies, can explain architectures of main systems.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top