Technical Program Manager, AI Speech
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Speech AI team is responsible for powering all of Facebook's voice-enabled products, including Portal, Oculus, and AR devices that will soon hit the market. Our work involves building state-of-the-art speech recognition and text-to-speech (TTS) models to help people use our products while staying engaged in the real world. We're looking for a TPM who will take ownership of all our data-related initiatives, including overseeing our data acquisition processes, data pipelines, and data privacy strategy. This TPM will work closely with PMs, engineers, and cross functional teams to build scalable data processes and define our long-term data strategy.
- Develop and execute our data acquisition and management strategy.
- Work with cross-functional partners on defining a joint vision for collaborative efforts.
- Manage prioritization, budget, and execution of our data collection efforts.
- Work closely with data engineers to oversee and prioritize data labeling.
- Benchmark the performance of our products and those of competitors.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience working closely with ML teams.
- Experience working with data pipelines, data warehouses, and running SQL queries.
- Experience with data privacy considerations.
Back to top