Technical Program Manager, AI Developer Platform and Tools
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
With over 2.1 billion people, our community is growing rapidly, and at this scale, we cannot fulfill our mission without cutting-edge AI systems that operate at unprecedented scale. Facebook's AI TPMs work with leading researchers, engineers, designers and data scientists to drive the next wave of AI-powered innovation at FB. We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on and help scale our cutting edge AI technology. Specifically, the TPM will have to drive developer platform innovations including large scale experimentation, benchmarking and analytics frameworks to accelerate the path for state of the art AI from research to product.
This is a full-time position in Menlo Park, CA.
- Drive the roadmap for an analytics and benchmarking framework to inform investments that could result in step change impact for our products.
- Identify and track key success metrics for the program.
- Manage agile cross-functional programs interfacing with research, engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Accelerate time to impact on new technologies through experimentation, prototyping, and strong execution.
- Have a clear pulse on innovations across the broader AI community and help us identify new opportunities and look around corners.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of software engineering, or similar experience, in addition to at least two years of project/program management experience.
- Experience working with big data, machine learning systems and/or performance optimization.
- Experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Experience motivating and focusing a collaboration to reach goals.
- Interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience with the Machine Learning development stack, tools and processes.
- Experience with Product and Program Management.
- Proven track record in building, benchmarking and deploying machine learning technology at scale.
Back to top