Technical Program Manager, Ads Ranking
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Technical Program Managers in Ads lead cross-team engineering efforts for Facebook that help build meaningful connections between people and businesses. Machine learning on data at a massive scale powers many of our core systems for delivering ads. We are seeking talented individuals with a solid background in ads, ML, and distributed systems who can be highly effective communicators and heavily influential in the organization. Ads TPM is a key leadership role for driving impact at Facebook.
In this position, you will influence frontier ads problems, build world-class ad products, and work with some of the world's most talented Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers. You will be at the forefront of Machine Learning at scale to maximize value to users and advertisers.
Ads Technical Program Managers are a group of passionate individuals who go deep on learning their teams' systems and then leverage this technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team products and roadmaps. The Ads TPM works horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. New hires in this role go through engineering bootcamp and are expected to build an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture (e.g. in the case of Ads Backend, of the delivery system, payments, front end, and advertiser facing tools). As peers to Engineering Managers and Product Managers, Ads TPMs heavily contribute to the top line of the company.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting
- Work with PM and Engineering to define your team's strategy
- Make your technical stack transparent with great data sets, reporting and documentation
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- At least 2 years of experience working on services applying machine learning or related approaches
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top