Technical Program Manager, Ads Metrics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
An Ads Technical Program Manager operates within an Engineering organization in Facebook Ads and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Ads TPMs are peers to Engineering Managers, typically reporting either to an Engineering or PM lead for a product area.
Ads TPMs go through Engineering Bootcamp and are expected to possess an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture (e.g. in the case of Ads Backend, of the delivery system, payments, front end, and advertiser facing tools).
By being embedded in an Engineering team, an Ads TPM commits to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams. They make sure that dependent teams are not broken by changes, and that their team is not broken by upstream changes while clearly communicating requirements to the teams they depend on.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up-to-date on technological developments
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting
- Work with PM and Engineering to define your team's strategy
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Make your tech stack transparent with great datasets, reporting and documentation
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
Back to top