Technical Program Manager, Ads Machine Learning
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Technical Program Managers in Ads lead cross-team engineering efforts for Facebook that help build meaningful connections between people and businesses. Machine learning on data at a massive scale powers many of our core systems for delivering ads. We are seeking talented individuals with a solid background in ads, ML, and distributed systems who can be highly effective communicators and heavily influential in the organization. Ads TPM is a key leadership role for driving impact at Facebook.
In this position, you will influence frontier ads problems, build world-class ad products, and work with some of the world’s most talented Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers. You will apply ML to Facebook’s massive data about people to capture people’s purchase intent and improve understanding in people’s cross-device behaviors. You will apply data science to address the most challenging statistical problems in measurement. You will be heavily involved in ensuring the success of our identity-related projects.
Ads Technical Program Managers are a group of passionate individuals who go deep on learning their teams’ systems and then leverage this technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. The Ads TPM works horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. New hires in this role go through engineering bootcamp and are expected to build an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture (e.g. in the case of Ads Backend, of the delivery system, payments, front end, and advertiser facing tools.) Ads TPMs are embedded into the engineering or PM organization. As peers to Engineering Managers and Product Managers, Ads TPMs heavily contribute to planning, negotiating cross-team dependencies, representing the voice of the customer, and are expected to shine as a valuable addition to the Ads organization.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting
- Work with PM and Engineering to define your team’s strategy
- Make your technical stack transparent with great data sets, reporting and documentation
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- At least 2 years of experience working on services applying machine learning or related approaches
- At least 1 year of experience in online advertising
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top