Technical Program Manager, Ads Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about solving complex systems problems and building platforms that power Facebook's Software infrastructure?
As a Technical Program Manager in the Capacity Engineering TPM team you will play a key role defining and driving impactful engineering projects that span the organization working with technical leaders across software product teams, data science and capacity engineering.
The team works on programs that help Facebook navigate massive growth and future product needs. As the ADS Infrastructure TPM, you will work closely with the ADS product and backend software engineering teams to understand their architecture and capacity demands, design and validate capacity prediction models with data science teams and drive efficiency across the software stack based on the hardware in the Data centers. It's an exciting metrics driven cross-functional team that deals with tens of billions of requests, hundreds of peta bytes of data, thousands of Gbps of network flow. You will have the ability to influence stakeholders across many organizations toward a common goal.
Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need Technical Program Managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Work in a very fast-paced and iterative technical environment with engineering leaders across software, data science, performance engineering and hardware teams
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure scaling problems
- Create programs to solve these problems by determining goals that align with company initiatives, understand dependencies, define milestones, assess risk and identify resource requirements
- Achieve alignment in ambiguous or contentious areas to drive product decisions
- Use a data driven approach to define goals and clear metrics to track progress
- Collaborate extensively within TPM and with cross-functional engineering teams to create and execute a structure for successful delivery of programs
- Provide hands-on program management during various phases of the program including day-to-day coordination of tasks
- Identify process improvements to minimize manual effort by driving build out of automation and workflow tooling engines
- Develop a communication strategy for the cross-functional team and stakeholders at different levels of the organization to align, influence and deliver on goals
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent engineering field
- 2+ years of Technical Program/Product Management experience
- 8+ years of Software engineering or systems engineering experience in systems performance, capacity, scalability or production systems
- Experience building or operating distributed multi-tier software systems such as an ADS platform or other consumer serving stack
- Communication and interpersonal collaboration experience with experience influencing engineers and cross-functional teams
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience and experience with large-scale systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top