Technical Program Manager, Ads
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
An Ads Technical Program Manager operates within an Engineering organization in Facebook Ads and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Ads TPMs are peers to Engineering Managers, typically reporting either to an Engineering or PM lead for a product area.
Ads TPMs go through Engineering Bootcamp and are expected to possess an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture (e.g. in the case of Ads Backend, of the delivery system, payments, front end, and advertiser facing tools).
By being embedded in an Engineering team, an Ads TPM commits to learning the team’s technology and to making it transparent to other teams. They make sure that dependent teams are not broken by changes, and that their team is not broken by upstream changes while clearly communicating requirements to the teams they depend on.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting
- Work with PM and Eng to define your team’s strategy
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Make your tech stack transparent with great datasets, reporting and documentation
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top