Technical Program Manager, Ads Direct Response Solutions
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with Ads experience to scale our Ads Direct Response product solutions. The projects will support the Ads Direct Response Solutions organization, and will work across several cross-functional teams and their partners across an array of initiatives. An Ads Technical Program Manager operates within an Engineering organization in Facebook Ads and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Ads TPMs are peers to Engineering Managers, reporting to an Engineering lead for a product area. By being embedded in an Engineering team, an Ads TPM commits to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams. They make sure that dependent teams are not broken by changes, and that their team is not broken by upstream changes while clearly communicating requirements to the teams they depend on.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting
- Work with PM and Engineers to define your team's strategy
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Make your tech stack transparent with great datasets, reporting and documentation
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Experience in Ads systems or E-commerce marketplace
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top