Technical Program Manager
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we're developing the future of augmented reality. As a Program Manager, your job will be figuring out what we need to do to build it and deliver it. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our efforts to gain a scientific understanding of haptics, human and machine perception, audio, input, optics, display technology, and translating it into the ultimate AR experience for our users.
You will work closely with internal Reality Labs and Facebook teams to define program requirements, deliverables, schedule and track progress; coordinate collaborations with other internal teams as well as manage partner and vendor relationships. To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating results to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to use a light touch to find ways to help the team be more efficient.
- Work with research and engineering teams to define and deliver high quality device and infrastructure software products.
- Identify and communicate program requirements, scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Provide key stakeholder with full visibility of the program schedule, progress and potential roadblocks.
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk.
- Ensure that the information your team needs is complete, current, accurate, and accessible.
- Coordinate communication between internal and external teams and partners.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services.
- Project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration experience with experience managing projects.
- Communication/presentation experience through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical.
- Experience working in a technology field.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience in shipping AR/VR or computer vision enabled product or services.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, software engineers and hardware engineers.
Back to top