Technical Program Manager â€" Graphics Silicon
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we're developing the future of augmented reality. As a Program Manager on the Graphics team, you will work closely with Research, Silicon and Facebook. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our efforts making robust visual experiences possible in a low power envelope.
Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. You will define program requirements, deliverables, schedule and track progress; coordinate collaborations with other internal teams as well as manage partner and vendor relationships. To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating results to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to use a light touch to find ways to help the team be more efficient.
- Work with research and engineering teams to define and deliver custom silicon projects.
- Identify and communicate program requirements, scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Provide key stakeholders with full visibility of the program schedule, progress and potential roadblocks.
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk.
- Ensure that the information your team needs is complete, current, accurate, and accessible.
- Coordinate communication between internal and external teams, vendors and partners.
- Establish best practices and refine processes for better communication and positive outcomes.
- Cross-disciplinary communication of hardware, software and electrical system.
- Ability to travel 30%.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of program management experience.
- Experience leading a team from concept to tape out.
- Project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration experience across more than one geographic location.
- Communication/presentation experience through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical.
- Graduate degree.
- Strong understanding of computer graphics.
- Experience driving custom silicon programs where no predecessor chip exists.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, software engineers and hardware engineers.
Back to top