Technical Program Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Reality Labs team at Facebook is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality with breakthrough work in computer vision, and machine learning that will enable groundbreaking experiences for consumers and businesses. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Facebook is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. AR/VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.Our XR Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.As the XR Tech Technical Program Manager for Data Operations, you will be pivotal in establishing process around data management operations and managing teams of data collectors in day-to-day operations. This is a highly cross functional role that requires collaboration with data customers (computer vision/machine learning teams) to define and drive project goals and requirements. The ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter, passionate about the power of data and its impact on an organization that is delivering the next cutting-edge technology which will shape the future of VR.
- Work with internal teams to gather and execute on data acquisition needs for machine learning/algorithm development, training and system validation.
- Establish program management framework and process for managing and tracking deliverables to each team efficiently.
- Manage operations of projects including schedule, budget, logistics, and resource/equipment planning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and logistical issues.
- Establish external vendor selection requirements and work closely with vendors to maintain high quality of work throughout projects.
- Develop scalable and sustainable processes/tools to drive improvements in efficiency, throughput and cost.
- Up to 20% travel to domestic locations as needed to manage remote projects and onboard vendors.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a technical program manager or related software engineering work.
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams and communicate to non-technical partners.
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in data management operations (acquisition/annotation).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top