Technical Program Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's AR/VR division is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality with breakthrough work in conversational AI, computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, machine learning & reasoning and mixed reality that will enable groundbreaking experiences for consumers and businesses.In this role with the Assistant team within AR/VR, you'll lead planning of execution and integration of Assistant deliverables with AR/VR solutions. You will need a blend of technical understanding and management to collaborate cross-functionally across software, hardware, and business units to ensure success.
- Lead cross-functionally to define schedule, requirements, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work with software engineering to deliver SW solutions/features in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal-oriented results when tackling complex problems.
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to AR/VR solutions and executives.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for review by all parts of the organization.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience developing multiple products, multiple customers, and multiple vendors concurrently.
- Experience in coordinating and delivering multiple features into larger software products and services.
- 3+ years of experience in delivering software solutions for any one of the following Assistant, ML, AI.
- 1+ years experience as a people manager who has built and maintained a strong team across highly technical disciplines.
- Entrepreneurial background or start-up experience.
Back to top