Technical Program Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
On the Publisher Solutions team, our mission is to empower publishers to make meaningful connections between people and businesses by serving ads.
Are you a leader who can rally teams to deliver against a vision? Do you think about technology as a way to change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build products that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, ads experience and a great passion for the industry.
As an Ads Technical Program Manager, you will be embedded with the Engineering team and possess an overarching understanding of the ads end to end system architecture (e.g. Ads Backend, delivery system, payments, front end, and advertiser facing tools). The successful candidate will also commit to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams. They make sure that dependent teams are not broken by changes, and that their team is also not broken by upstream changes while clearly communicating requirements to the teams they depend on.
- Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including partnership teams around the world.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create programs for solving those problems.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal oriented results.
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve cross-team issues.
- Work with Data Science and Product Management to define and build metrics to track performance and identify areas of improvement for the programs in collaboration with key cross-functional team members.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies that are holding the team back, and drive better, more efficient workflows.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 5+ years of tech industry experience including 5+ years of program management experience.
- Experience tailoring a message to an audience, and use of multiple communication mediums to distribute information.
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on involvement in solving large-scale technical problems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs by holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables.
- Analytical and problem solving experience including experience collecting data points across disparate projects.
Back to top