Technical Program Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs Media, this TPM will be driving efforts to create interactive virtual reality experiences. These experiences will explore and define the future of storytelling. As a TPM working within the AR/VR Media org at Facebook, you will be responsible for a set of initiatives to help storytellers create in extraordinary ways. In this role, you have the opportunity to apply your influencing and technical skills to help talented cross-functional teams create interactive virtual reality experiences. The ideal candidate is an experienced program leader with a games, film, interactive industry or other entertainment/technology background and a passion for virtual reality, virtual worlds and storytelling. This role will be based in our LA office.
- Create processes that enable teams to move quickly and efficiently.
- Lead cross-functionally to define schedule, requirements, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work with software engineering to deliver SW solutions/features in a fast-paced environment.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal-oriented results when tackling complex problems.
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to leadership.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for review by all parts of the organization.
- 3+ years of technical industry experience, including 2+ years of program management experience.
- Experience in managing complex ambiguous software products with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience building and managing relationships across roles and teams in the organization and with external vendors and partners.
- Experience in creating 3D content such as movies, games, or experience in animated, or cinematic production.
- Experience developing multiple products, multiple customers, and multiple vendors concurrently.
- Knowledge in managing software resource usage such as performance, memory use, application size, etc.
Back to top