Technical Program Manager
The Facebook AR/VR team focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). As a Technical Program Manager, your job will be figuring out what we need to do to build it and deliver it. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our efforts to gain a scientific understanding of haptics, human and machine perception, audio, input, optics, display technology, and translating it into the ultimate AR experience for our users.
Our product engineering team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies into products. We are focused on integrating and launching new technologies from early concept to launch while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As a System Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role in delivering new cutting-edge technologies to next-gen programs. You will be defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional plans for the new product introductions and you will lead the execution including planning of requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and associated mitigations. You will be responsible for communication of program status and risk to program stakeholders. In this role, you will have major impact on all future products.
You will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development cycle to develop the next generation of hardware.
You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage program schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders. We look for Technical Program Managers who have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan scope and feature set of programs.
- Work with a cross-functional team of ME, EE, FW, SW and Computer Vision to set milestones, create integration plans and identify/address potential setbacks, enabling the definition and execution of next generation hardware products.
- Develop schedules, identify critical paths and bottlenecks and maintain execution throughout the duration of programs.
- Manage communication within and between internal engineering and external teams.
- Effectively communicate program statuses, identify potential risks and setbacks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage delivery of hardware for the development builds and ensure qualification to meet mass production timelines.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables, including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BS in Engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience as a Program Manager managing hardware programs from concept to mass production.
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical teams.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience.
- Knowledge of program and issue tracking.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Applied Research Scientist, CV and Machine Perception (University Grad)
- Optical Scientist
- Research Intern - Optical Design - Optics (PhD)
- Research Intern - Ultrasound (PhD)
- Research Scientist, 3D Computer Vision & State Estimation (PhD)
- Technical Program Manager
Redmond, WA + 1 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top