Technical Product Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Product Specialist (TPS) to join the Business Product Specialist (BPS) team within Product & Service Operations (PSO). The PSO team helps businesses through scaled service delivery & operations. We combine deep expertise in our products with operational and analytical skills to design and manage scalable processes that support millions of advertisers across dozens of complex products. Our unique view on both product and service allows us to partner with teams across Facebook to drive our business forward by representing the voice of the customer and combining quantitative with qualitative signals to drive product improvements and scale operations. PSO is made up of multiple teams that focus on alpha/beta product testing, operational and technical support for business products, data management, and scaling the process of measuring outcomes from Facebook media buys.
The Technical Product Specialist performs deep technical troubleshooting and analysis of reported product issues to resolve product confusion or provide detailed information to Engineering to resolve bugs in a timely fashion to minimize customer impact. While solving complex problems through technical and analytical excellence, the Technical Product Specialist will also effectively communicate issue status and expectations with relevant stakeholders and ultimately surface issue themes, impact, and pain points to Product and Engineering teams to continuously improve related product stability and perception. As scaled issue resolution is a focus for Facebook's Ads and Business products, the Technical Product Specialist will document technical product knowledge and troubleshooting best practices that the wider support team can utilize and contribute to building light-weight tools that will increase service efficiency.
- Leverage product expertise to investigate, triage and resolve issues with Facebook's ads & business products
- Utilize technical skills and background to perform deep analysis of complex issues
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product teams to understand product functionality on a technical level and document that knowledge to scale to other related support teams
- Measure client impact of known issues and technical failures to communicate to Engineering and client teams when appropriate
- Define processes to support front-line teams in complex investigations to improve user and advertiser experience on the platform
- Monitor and analyze advertiser confusion and bug escalation trends
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Engineering and additional teams to improve product quality and resources that help scale support & operations workflows
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and understand advertiser sentiment better
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or related field
- 3+ years of work experience including experience in SQL to query large data sets to uncover key data points and insights
- Experience troubleshooting web technology issues with HTTP debugging tools such as Fiddler/Dev Tools
- Analytical skills, with experience in solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Ability to communicate issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience using REST API calls and methods
- Experiencing managing projects across cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Experience or familiarity with the online advertising technology industry
- Experience with one or more of the following - C#, PHP, Python, Java
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top