Technical Lead, Automation R&D
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense and we're just getting started.
CoreTech is a part of Oculus tasked with delivering cutting edge new technologies. The organization is focused on building new capabilities and new user experiences enabled by these new technologies. The Automation R&D Team enables the manufacture of modular designs and fully-automated solutions for product assembly, calibration and test for the cleanroom and beyond. As a Technical Lead, you will provide engineering excellence and technical leadership as well as collaborate across electrical, mechanical, optical, and production organizations to develop state of the art AI cleanroom test and assembly solutions.
You are the technical backbone of the team and will visualize, create, and build mechatronic solutions to complex AI automation challenges. You have the organizational and documentation skills required to efficiently drive outside vendors and push projects forward. You move fast and can quickly instrument and performance-test your innovative solutions.
- Technical leadership in the Automation R&D team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to capture system requirements
- Quickly create and build subassembly prototypes for hands-on testing
- Design complete product calibration, test and assembly stations
- Source critical mechanical system parts and tools
- Define and build mechanical system BOMs
- Qualify and support external vendors and system integrators
- Lead fail-fast explorations to quickly narrow options
- MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in CE field
- Knowledge in design and simulation of assemblies within SolidWorks
- Knowledge of machine vision optical systems, cameras and lenses
- Experience in designing, developing and validating iterative solutions
- Mechanical and process documentation experiences and practices
- Experience designing/producing/inspecting end-use parts with CNC and 3D-printing
- Proficient with NX
- Ability to code and debug in Python and C/C++
- Human factors design experience
- Knowledge of electrical systems and interconnects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top