Technical Artist (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an experienced Technical Artist on the Oculus Research team, you will be working on the cutting edge of both Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality multiplayer and social experiences. With our Research Team, you will explore, prototype, and build experiences that define the future of how people interact with each other in VR and AR. You love solving novel problems from first principles. Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Work alongside expert Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- You will develop experience prototypes working as a technical art generalist on a small team
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop content in Unity
- Conceptualize, present and execute ideas within time and technical constraints while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving
- Build and support 3D art assets from scratch as well as assemble existing content from a library of assets and other projects
- Work closely with engineers to implement interactive objects and systems, contributing to scripting in C#
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR/AR problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Low and high-poly modeling skills, ability in texture and material creation (with ShaderForge, Substance Designer or similar) and real-time lighting
- Knowledge of Unity across its features and systems
- Knowledge of 3D modeling packages like Maya, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, etc.
- Experience scripting in C# in Unity
- 3 or more years of experience in game development or indie game development as a Technical Artist
- Proven track record of professional content development, including shipping one or more titles.
- Experience with skeletal animation systems in Unity
- Experience creating FX in Unity
- Experience creating 2D/3D UI in Unity
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience scripting in Python
- Experience working with Virtual Reality
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top