Technical Artist - Facebook Camera
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join a small team of designers who are creating cutting edge AR experiences. As a Technical Artist, you will be involved in every aspect of the content development process, from conceptualizing new effects to designing incremental features and capabilities in our products. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of general art and animation pipelines and a high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts. The Technical Artist will assist teams of artists in tackling projects and be equipped to provide support on complicated technical issues.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:Medical Benefits Dental Benefits Vision Benefits Pension Benefits Life Assurance Childcare Benefits Gym BenefitsTransport benefitsLaundry Benefit Start: August 4Closing: September 1
- Partner with PMs, Engineers, Researchers, Content Strategist & QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from conception to launch. Providing post-launch design support as well.
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from the artists through to deployment
- Be well versed in various lighting techniques and instruct the artists in lighting best practices
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during testing phases
- Quickly solve issues with your cross functional leads
- 3+ years of professional experience working on shipped titles in the gaming or film industries
- Experience implementing assets in real-time engines, such as Unity3D or Unreal
- Experience with Maya and/or Houdini
- Experience rigging in Maya
- Experience with a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter
- Shader programming experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top