(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join a small team of designers who are passionate about creating cutting edge AR experiences and establishing Facebook as a leader in the space. As a Technical Artist, you will be involved in every aspect of the content development process, from conceptualizing new effects to designing incremental features and capabilities in our products. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of general art and animation pipelines and a high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts. The Technical Artist will assist teams of artists in tackling projects and be equipped to provide support on complicated technical issues.
This position is full-time and based in London.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: ;Medical Benefits ;Dental Benefits ;Vision Benefits ;Pension Benefits ;Life Assurance ;Childcare Benefits ;Gym Benefits ;Transport benefits ;Laundry Benefit
Posted: Specify date Jan 13, 2017 Closing date: Feb 18, 2017
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers, content strategist & QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from conception to launch – as well as post-launch design support
- Pipeline Management – Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from the artists through to deployment
- Instruct artists on best practices for asset creation
- Lighting – Be well versed in various lighting techniques and instruct the artists in lighting best practices
- Optimization – Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during testing phases
- Maintain assets from creation to shipping
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Quickly solve issues with your cross functional leads
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of professional experience working on shipped titles in the games or film industries
- Experience implementing assets in real-time engines, such as Unity3D or Unreal
- Ability to collaborate and iterate quickly based on the team’s needs
- Advanced experience with Maya and or Houdini
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter
- Maya Rigging experience
- Shader programming experience—**shader** is a computer program that is used to do shading: the production of appropriate levels of color within an image, or, in the modern era, also to produce special effects or do video post-processing
- Passion for new, emerging technologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top