Technical Analytics Lead, Business Integrity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Passionate about diving into the world of big data and trends analyses? Interested in solving complex problems that are geared towards improving Facebook and its community's experiences? Excited about learning how to scale and automate processes? Come join the Business Integrity Technical Analytics team at Facebook!
The Technical Analytics team reports into the Analytics organization at Facebook and specifically supports Business Integrity, which is a cross-functional group across Engineering, Operations, Product Management, and Analytics. The Business Integrity group protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses.
Our focus on data analysis, machine learning, and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering, operations, and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business. This position is located in Dublin, Ireland.
- Develop compelling analyses to execute data-informed initiatives that helps improve our support channels, improve the quality of our ad products and drive great service
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and pull insights to help identify trends & opportunities to drive growth of our product & business
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and guide the team's direction overall
- Conduct in-depth investigations leveraging large and complex data sets
- Partner with Data Science, Operations, Product, and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field
- 4+ years of Excel and SQL experience
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl)
- Experience with reporting systems and data pipeline architecture
- 4+ years of experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Communication and problem-solving experience
- Experience resolving and communicating about issues with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced degree
- Experience with statistical analysis, and a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata
Back to top