Technical Analytics Associate, Product & Service Operations
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Product & Service Operations team supports millions of advertisers by resolving their product support needs while using our ad products and ensures that advertisers have a great experience while advertising on Facebook. We are further split into the Product Support Team, Client Concierge, Core Services and New Products teams to ensure our advertisers have access to the right support channels to address their unique needs while creating and promoting their digital content. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly improve our ad products through insights from support channels while at the same time, developing top-notch metrics to measure the performance of our support channels and ensure our advertisers are delighted with their overall support experience. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to provide product support at scale and enforce the quality of all our advertising products.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business. This position can be located in Menlo Park, CA. Austin, TX. or New York, NY.
- Develop compelling analyses to execute data-informed initiatives that helps improve our support channels, improve the quality of our ad products and drive great service
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and pull insights to help identify trends & opportunities to drive growth of our product & business
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and guide the team's direction overall
- Conduct in-depth investigations leveraging large and complex data sets
- Partner with Data Science, Product and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- Ability to drive the team to impact and communicate effectively
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or similar technical field
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- 4+ years of Excel and SQL experience
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or packages in R/Python
- Experience with reporting systems and data pipeline architecture
- 4+ years experience of initiating and driving projects to completion
- Problem-solving experience
- Communication experience in articulating issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders and partners
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top