Technical Accounting Director
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Accounting Director. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies to ensure timely identification of emerging accounting pronouncements
- Lead the quarterly GAAP and SEC updates with the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Understand and provide interpretation of new accounting pronouncements in order to assist management in assessing financial and operational implications
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards across functional teams within the company where applicable.
- Review contracts and agreements, research relevant accounting guidance, recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions, including but not limited to the areas of business combination, share-based compensation and leases.
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and support the review process with finance management and external auditors.
- Conduct financial due diligence of proposed M&A transactions as needed.
- Support the External Reporting team to ensure proper implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Participate in the review of quarterly and annual SEC filings
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures in times of high seasonal demand or in areas with increased complexity.
- Support various accounting teams with the drafting and review of any new accounting policies or updates of existing policies.
- Serve as a company-wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Manage a lean internal team supplemented by external resources
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- CPA, or equivalent qualification with US GAAP experience
- Senior manager tenure or longer in a Big 4 accounting firm, including experience working with the firm’s technical advisory / professional practice / national office
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues
- Demonstrated ability to explain concepts in a clear and precise manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in a technical accounting role of a public US company
- IFRS knowledge
- Experience in the technology or social media industry
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top