Team Lead, Intellectual Property Operations
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 2.4 billion users.
As a member of Digital Rights Operations, you'll play a key role in ensuring that the Intellectual Property Operations team is always innovating, improving and handling IP matters efficiently and quickly. You'll use data-driven techniques, industry-leading workforce management, advanced process improvement and legal and policy expertise to ensure that we comply with Facebook's obligations, while facilitating happy rights holders, users and partners. This team is uniquely responsible for the success of the program as a whole as it touches virtually all aspects of Facebook's Intellectual Property ecosystem and has a diverse group of stakeholders across the team and company.
TEAM LEAD, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and track team goals for your responsible vertical and work with North America IP Ops manager and team members on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and communicating results
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team while removing roadblocks and encouraging innovative solutions
- Use data-driven strategies and well-defined KPIs to measure your team's success and drive improvements
- Interact extensively with the Business Intelligence PM, the Workforce Strategy PM, our key legal stakeholders, and the NA IP Ops lead to strongly ensure progress is made on key team initiatives and goals
- Extensively communicate roadblocks and results upward and downward and set clear expectations for your team
- Partner with internal groups as necessary to implement IP's strategy and manage stellar team results
- Identify trends and develop solutions to optimize team workflows, introduce new workflows and improve user experience
- Organize, motivate, and develop team focusing on maximizing individual strengths and skills
- Leverage skills across cross-functional teams to move roadblocks and empower individuals to execute and deliver results on initiatives that drive goals forward while mitigating competing incentives and risk
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 4+ years of experience in operations, people management, or business strategy and prioritization
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Legal or Intellectual Property experience
- Experience mentoring independent performers and actively creating opportunities for growth
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top