Team Lead, Global Support Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re the team that’s responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook’s policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving a voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook’s 1.8 billion users.
As a member of Global Support Operations, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that the Intellectual Property Operations team is always innovating, improving and handling IP matters efficiently and quickly. You’ll use data-driven techniques, industry-leading workforce management, advanced process improvement and legal and policy expertise to ensure that we comply with Facebook’s obligations, while facilitating happy rights holders, users and partners. This team is uniquely responsible for the success of the program as a whole as it touches virtually all aspects of Facebook’s Intellectual Property ecosystem and has a diverse group of stakeholders across the team and company.
- Establish and track team goals for your responsible vertical and work with the GSO manager and team members on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and communicating results
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team while removing roadblocks and encouraging innovative solutions
- Use data-driven strategies and well defined KPIs to measure your team’s success and drive improvements
- Interact extensively with the Business Intelligence PM, the Workforce Strategy PM, our key legal stakeholders, and the GSO lead to strong ensure progress is made on key team initiatives and goals
- Extensively communicate roadblocks and results upward and downward and set clear expectations for your team
- Partner with internal groups as necessary to implement IP’s strategy and manage stellar team results
- Identify trends and develop solutions to optimize team workflows, introduce new workflows and improve user experience
- Organize, motivate, and develop team focusing on maximizing individual strengths and skills
- Leverage skills across cross functional teams to move roadblocks and empower individuals to execute and deliver results on initiatives that drive goals forward while mitigating competing incentives and risk
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher
- 4+ years of professional experience in operations, people management, or business strategy and prioritization
- 1+ year of people management experience
- Experience leading large-scale projects from inception to completion
- Previous legal or Intellectual Property experience
- Experience mentoring independent performers and actively creating opportunities for growth
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top