Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Tax Manager – International Tax, will report directly to the Head of Tax – Asia Pacific. As a member of the Corporate Tax team, located in the Singapore office, the Tax Manager is responsible for the tax compliance, driving tax initiatives and processes and supporting the tax audits in the region. The manager will partner with the various functions and provide quality tax support. The role also involves significant interaction with the broader global tax group.The Tax Manager must possess excellent communications skills and be a seasoned professional with at least 10 years of tax experience and proven track record in broad spectrum tax management in Asia Pacific. Ideally, the candidate would have experience in a similar role within a large, complex organization, with operations throughout Asia.
- Work closely with the Head of Tax – Asia Pacific to coordinate and manage the tax positions of the legal entities in compliance with legislation and corporate guidelines and to safeguard the company from financial risks and claims
- Responsible for all tax compliance and reporting requirements for the Asia Pacific region – including tax returns, tax payment calculations, tax forecasts, and deferred tax calculations, and technical analysis in support of audit issues
- Oversight and co-ordination of compliance activities outsourced to external service providers
- Assist and manage the tax audits in the region
- Work with the global tax team to implement stragetic goals, tax initiatives and policies
- Establish a strong relationship with the regional businesses, finance, legal and policy leaders to share tax views and information
- Ensure transfer pricing obligations (e.g. documentation) are fulfilled under local transfer pricings laws and regulations
- Support and assist with the quarterly tax accounting and reporting. This includes the calculation and tracking of quarterly / year-end transfer pricing corrections, direct tax exposures and Uncertain Tax Positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Law
- Minimum 10 years of tax experience (preferrably with at least 4-5 years in a Law Firm/Big 4 accounting firm)
- Broad tax experience including tax advisory, transfer pricing, tax compliance and tax controversy
- Experience in tax audit management in Asia
- Strong analytical, organization, documentation, and research skills
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex business/ tax information
- Ability to work as a team and interact with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Hands-on, independent, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong project management skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, merticulous, and ability to work independently in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Able to travel at short notice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top