Systems Software Engineer, Oculus Browser
On the Oculus Browser team, we're imagining and building what the future of the web will be like on AR/VR devices. The team is responsible for one of the most used applications in the Oculus ecosystem, leading the industry in developing and implementing web standards for AR/VR, and providing web technologies as a service to other VR applications. We're looking for a Systems Software Engineer to implement new features and make improvements to our Chromium based web browser.
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER, OCULUS BROWSER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrate Oculus Browser deep into our platform, enabling other applications to leverage the web
- Extend Chromium to adopt new capabilities and implement new web APIs
- Design and implement features with an emphasis on performance and security
- Collaborate with our engineering manager, technical lead, and product manager to scope, cost, and implement new browser features
- Collaborate with Oculus platform teams, first and third party partners, and the web community
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- B.S. in Comp Sci/Comp Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years industry experience shipping consumer software and/or developer platforms
- Experience developing systems level software in C++ or similar systems level software languages
- Track record of working on projects that required cross-functional and cross-discipline team
- Experience developing and integrating with web browser engines (Chromium/Blink, WebKit, Edge HTML, etc.)
- Experience with the Android operating system
- Full stack experience - front-end and back-end
- Experience with computer graphics, GPU programming (e.g. HLSL, GLSL, or similar)
- Experience with computer security, cryptography and digital signatures
- Experience working with large codebases (1+ MLOC)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Director, Computational Photography
- Product Design Intern, AR
- Software Engineer, Shell (Oculus)
- Technical Environment Artist
- Technical Program Manager, Shell
- VR Systems Engineer, Full Stack - Experiences
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top