Systems Software Engineer, Android Performance
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The team is integrated into a team building new devices in order to improve performance across the software stack. Our team is looking for an engineer who can use their knowledge of mobile and/or embedded system performance to optimize speed, battery efficiency, and data transfer. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate, and able to work across the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in a fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects, and product management.
- Drive performance analysis and optimization across the stack to optimize resource usage in areas including compute, memory, storage, bandwidth
- Develop tools and instrumentation to monitor and report product performance
- Build automation for performance measurement, analysis, and experimentation
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for various new devices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of programming experience in C/C++
- 5+ years experience in embedded Linux or Android
- Experience working on systems software in a large-scale code base
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases spanning platforms and tools
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems
- Knowledge of Android and Linux particularly in the areas of battery and memory management
- Experience with system resource optimization on mobile platforms
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top