Systems Software Engineer
- Boston, MA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The System Health team owns system performance across the software stack for our new AR/VR products. We are seeking a Systems Software Engineer who is familiar with Android AOSP and RTOS and comfortable optimizing across the stack for both. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and enjoys delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects and product management.
- Drive performance analysis and optimization across the stack to optimize resource usage in areas including power, compute, memory, and storage
- Work with product and infrastructure teams to debug performance issues across the stack
- Develop tools and instrumentation to monitor and report product performance
- Build automation for performance measurement, analysis, and experimentation
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of programming experience in C/C++
- 7+ years experience in embedded Linux or Android
- Experience working on systems software in a large-scale code base
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases spanning platforms and tools
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems
- Knowledge of Android and Linux particularly in the areas of battery and memory management
- Experience with system resource optimization on mobile platforms
- Experience with RTOS software development
Back to top