Systems Project Manager, Solutions
(Austin, TX – Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re the team that’s responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook’s policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook’s 1.8 billion users.
Our Tools Solutions team is responsible for building and maintaining tools and infrastructure used by our Intellectual Property and Privacy Operations teams to review reports of alleged infringement of legal rights, optimize for efficiency and growth, and integrate new features and products, to support and protect Facebook, rights holders, and users. We partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Legal, Operations, Policy, and Data to ensure support at scale.
Facebook is looking for an experienced project manager who will be responsible for working with cross-functional teams, as well as teams within Intellectual Property & Privacy Operations, to support the building and debugging of tools and infrastructure, and determine data and tool infrastructure needs for new products and features to integrate into our core operations. This role requires both a strong analytical and technical mindset, as well as strong organizational and relationship management skills. A successful candidate will be effective at leveraging these talents to help us achieve operational excellence. Candidates for this role should be incredibly passionate about improving the support experience for rights holders and users, as well as tools that IP Operations uses to support rights holders, users, and internal stakeholders. Must have an ability to work across different time zones and capable of using analytical rigor to identify and prioritize product and pain points.
- Become a technical expert on all automation and routing systems used by our Intellectual Property & Privacy Operations teams
- Support the building and debugging of this infrastructure as needed and proactively monitor the quality of all systems
- Drive internal and external process improvements, consulting with IP & Privacy Operations teams (e.g., vertical and market teams) to understand needs and pain points related to tools support, solve workflow problems, and ensure internal tools and automation systems are fully leveraged
- Collaborate with peers in developing and prioritizing comprehensive, data-driven tool improvement requests (includes communicating the status and priority of all requests to IP & Privacy Operations teams, Tool Specialists and Developers, Business Infra and Engineering, global Systems Project Manager partners, Product teams)
- Develop and manage complex and large-scale end-to-end projects for Tools Solutions to support IP & Privacy Operations teams, working closely with multiple cross-functional partners to ensure on-time delivery
- Define clear business problems and prioritize solutions using data-driven analytics, developing success metrics to measure project performance and alignment with team mission and goals
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, triage, and escalate tool issues and bugs to Infra, Engineering, and Product teams, allocating resources and ensuring they are appropriately prioritized for timely resolution
- Analyze trends in tool improvement requests and collaborate with the Product and Tools Solutions teams to raise core problems to Business Infra, Engineering, and Product partners
- Build a solid foundation and knowledge in Intellectual Property policies to be able to effectively advocate for IP & Privacy Operations needs with key stakeholders (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, and other cross-functional teams)
- Proactively and regularly communicate the impact of changes or issues with our tools and infrastructure, including impact of testing across systems, news products and features
- Work closely with Product Solutions and Product Project Manager partners to develop strategy and test plans to identify gaps or needs and ensure effective integration into reporting and operations for scaled support of new products and features
- Build and manage relationships with key Engineering and Product partners, influence cross-functional stakeholders internal and external to IP & Privacy Operations, and be the voice of the users and rights holders
- B.A. or B.S. degree, or international equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with a background in end to end project management, product, technical, and/or operations
- Prior technical experience (PHP, FXL, SQL) and experience with data analysis
- Previous legal or IP experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top