Systems Project Manager, Risk and Response (Core Ops)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Risk & Response team seeks to identify and prioritize emerging external risks, lead investigations probing our systems to evaluate these risks, deliver action-oriented assessments to benefit our partners and users, and conduct post-mortem investigations to provide critical insights to our internal cross-functional stakeholders. We are seeking a Systems Project Manager with a passion for tools and their underlying systems to help Risk & Response scale operations and efficiently mitigate risk. Successful candidates will excel at building and troubleshooting systems to optimize for scalable support, coach and mentor teammates in pinpointing system inefficiencies, and develop technical support frameworks for mitigating risk to Facebook.
- Become a technical expert on all tools and systems utilized by Risk & Response
- Support the building and debugging of Risk & Response infrastructure as needed
- Consult with Risk & Response teams to solve workflow problems and ensure internal tools and automation systems are fully leveraged
- Collaborate with teammates in developing, prioritizing, and delivering comprehensive and data-driven tool improvement requests
- Analyze trends in tool improvement requests and automation requests and raise core problems to Community Integrity Engineering and the Community Operations Engineering Team
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience collaborating with a variety of individuals and organizations to drive improvements with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience breaking down processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at the regional or global level
- Experience with data analysis or internal tools
- Technical experience (PHP, SQL)
- Experience driving solutions for global operational teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top