Systems Project Manager (Infrastructure), Community Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Community Operations’ focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure that the people who use Facebook have the best possible experiences, and when they don’t that they receive quality support. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for a full-time team member to join the Community Operations Infrastructure team. We value both 1:1 interactions with users and driving solutions at scale, and we count on Systems Project Managers to balance these needs. This role will be based out of our Austin, TX office.
- Become a technical expert on all automation and routing systems across Community Operations.
- Support the building and debugging of this infrastructure as needed.
- Support current quality checks and proactively monitor quality for all automation.
- Analyze quality trends and surface relevant insights to CO teams.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate tool bugs to PAC Engineering.
- Analyze weekly bug reports and collaborate with Tool Bugs coordinator.
- Consult with CO teams to solve workflow problems and ensure internal tools and automation systems are fully leveraged.
- Collaborate with peers in developing and prioritizing comprehensive, data-driven tool improvement requests (includes communicating the status and priority of all requests to local teams, Community Operations System Developers, PAC Engineering and global System Project Manager partners).
- Analyze trends in tool improvement requests and automation requests and work with the Tools team to raise core problems to PAC Engineering and the Community Operations Infrastructure Team.
- Build strong relationships with an offsite manager and global team.
- BA/ BS degree or international equivalent.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Ability to work autonomously, set agenda and prioritize work with minimal input.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate across a global team.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional partners.
- Experience with data analysis or internal tools.
- Prior technical experience (PHP, FXL, SQL).
- Knowledgeable in driving solutions for global operational teams.
- Time management and multitasking abilities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top