Systems Project Manager, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure that the people who use Facebook have the best possible experiences, and when they don't that they receive quality support. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for a full-time team member to join the Community Operations Infrastructure team. We value both 1:1 interactions with users and driving solutions at scale, and we count on Systems Project Managers to balance these needs.
- Become a technical expert on all automation and routing systems across Community Operations
- Support the building and debugging of this infrastructure as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate tool bugs to Community Integrity Engineering
- Analyze weekly bug reports and collaborate with Tool Bugs coordinator
- Consult with CO teams to solve workflow problems and ensure internal tools and automation systems are fully leveraged
- Collaborate with peers in developing and prioritizing comprehensive, data-driven tool improvement requests (includes communicating the status and priority of all requests to local teams, Community Operations Engineering, Community Integrity Engineering and global System Project Manager partners)
- Analyze trends in tool improvement requests and automation requests and work with the Tools team to raise core problems to Community Integrity Engineering and the Community Operations Engineering Team
- Build strong relationships with an offsite manager and global team
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Ability to work autonomously, set agenda and prioritize work with minimal input
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate across a global team
- Experience with data analysis or internal tools
- Prior technical experience (PHP, SQL)
- Knowledgeable in driving solutions for global operational teams
- Time management and multitasking abilities
Back to top