Systems Performance Engineer, Portal
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. The Portal System Performance Team owns system performance across the software stack for Portal products. We have deep knowledge of Android/Linux, mobile SoC architecture, and performance analysis methodologies. Our team is looking for an engineer who is comfortable working across the software stack and can use their knowledge of mobile SoC architecture to identify performance bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization.
A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and doesn't mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects, and product management.
- Drive performance analysis and optimization across the stack to optimize resource usage in areas including compute, memory, storage, bandwidth
- Develop tools and instrumentation to monitor and report product performance
- Build automation for performance measurement, analysis, and experimentation
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for various Portal teams
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years work experience in software engineering role
- Experience with shipping consumer products
- Experience with profiling and tracing tools such as Systrace, perf, eBPF, GPU profilers
- Knowledge of computer/SoC architecture
- Experience in any of C/C++, Java, Python programming languages
- Knowledge of Android and Linux particularly in the areas of graphics, multimedia, and memory management
- Familiarity with performance optimization of neural network models on mobile platforms
- Experience with graphics and compute APIs such as Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top