Systems Engineering Manager, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Engineering Manager working within the Social VR Team at Facebook, you'll coordinate and manage a team responsible for the foundation systems enabling social virtual reality experiences that will define the future of online social interaction. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer and manager with a games industry or other 3D interactive technology background and a passion for virtual reality.
- Manage and support an engineering team responsible for the systems and technologies applicable across the product
- Prioritize application health and performance to influence the wider product engineering team
- Define and manage success metrics across teams
- Identify opportunities to share technology across teams
- Identify and manage partnership opportunities with internal cross-functional partners
- Partner with product visionaries to deliver innovative VR experiences
- Evangelize technical solutions, frameworks, and best practices across the team and org
- 5+ years work experience as an engineer on games or other 3D interactive products, including hands-on technical management
- Experience shipping multiple 3D interactive products across various platforms
- Direct experience building products that involve the following technologies: Realtime networked interactivity, 3D rendering and shaders, automation/unit testing of 3D interactive products, application performance and quality tools and management, 3D & 2D UI/UX frameworks
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other internal and external teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- C++ and C# programming experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top