Systems Engineer - Windows Automation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Enterprise Core Services team is responsible for the foundational services used internally at Facebook. The team focuses on delivering highly-available services using well-known, industry standard solutions when practical. A primary goal of the team is to continue to evolve the deployment and management of these services to follow standard Facebook practices and ensure security and scalability. The services we manage include authentication and directory services, public key infrastructure, email, load balancing, and virtual desktop services, among others.
- Lead the Infrastructure as Code initiative within Enterprise Core Services
- Build, scale, and secure traditional services using innovative solutions
- Implement and improve processes where necessary
- Participate in org-wide incident review and remediation
- Leverage the scale and complexity of the larger facebook.com infrastructure to solve problems for our customers
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to core Windows infrastructure automation
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years system administration experience
- 6+ years experience in PowerShell scripting
- 6+ years experience in other languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- 2+ years experience working with monitoring and configuration management tools such as Chef and DSC
- Configuration and maintenance experience of applications such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Apache, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Postfix, Squid, MySQL, and SNMP
- Virtualization and block storage experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top