Systems Engineer, Mixed Reality (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started.
Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As a Systems Engineer for Mixed Reality, become an expert on the Mixed Reality team's 3D reconstruction and scene understanding algorithms and work closely with teams developing novel sensors, silicon, and integrated products. You will drive the definition of system requirements originating from the development of new Mixed Reality experiences and represent this analysis within the wider org, influencing the design of sensing and compute architectures for next generation VR devices.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand the functional and performance requirements of Mixed Reality experiences.
- Work with the computer vision and machine learning teams to understand their algorithms and generate derived requirements on the sensor and compute hardware.
- Drive system performance tradeoff analysis, design of experiments, and decision making in collaboration with the sensor, silicon, and characterization teams.
- Lead experimental work within the Mixed Reality team.
- Document the requirements analysis and represent the team within Oculus and Facebook.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience, working on applied research and product development involving joint hardware/software design, development, and integration.
- Experience as principal investigator or leader for which results were achieved or established subject matter expert as demonstrated through publications, patents, and/or shipped products.
- Algorithm development experience in computer vision, 3D reconstruction, navigation, or a related area.
- Expertise in C++.
- Applications and resumes to be submitted in English.
- Experience developing image data processing and real-time rendering pipelines.
- Experience with multi-sensor fusion (cameras, depth sensors, inertial sensors, stereo imaging) and system calibration.
- Knowledge of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics, and polarization.
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics.
Back to top