Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join the Data.AI team. Having lots of data opens new and exciting possibilities in the world of ML. Data.AI is Facebook Infrastructure's ML group, we are exploring the next evolution of Data and Machine Learning, we constantly seek to find what value can we create at the intersection of Data & AI. The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team builds large distributed systems that run Facebook at massive scale. Our code serves millions of requests per second, and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from Facebook scale data storage, to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment for front-end Facebook code. We are looking for engineers who possess an entrepreneurial spirit, share a passion for tackling complexity, and enjoy building platforms that can scale to extreme.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C++ and/or Java
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- 8+ years relevant coding experience in C, C++, Java and/or C#
- 2+ years relevant coding experience in Perl, PHP, Hack or Python
- 2+ years relevant experience building large-scale server applications
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers
Back to top