(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Systems Engineer at Facebook focuses on our hardware fleet by providing hardware agnostic APIs, device management, health tracking and a robust firmware management system. In addition, the team provides support, with a focus on provisioning, for NPI hardware programs and products to be deployed in our fleet. The Systems Engineer works with all of Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, and is sometimes embedded within those teams. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of hardware and software infrastructure technologies. This position is full time and located in our Menlo Park office
- Augment and enable software infrastructure to manage, maintain and track hardware in our growing fleet.
- Develop systems that proactively capture health status of various hardware components. Provide software capabilities to upgrade all elements of the hardware fleet.
- Understand provisioning software and work with production engineering teams to enable new hardware SKUs, and improve the automation of provisioning and remediation capabilities.
- Partner with technical product management, production engineering, kernel development, hardware engineering, sustaining engineering, and other related groups
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Coding ability with Python and Bash
- Experience in configuration and automation tools (for example: cfengine, chef, puppet)
- Understanding of the Linux installation and boot-up process
- Familiar with latest server and storage architecture and components.
- Experience with managing large scale fleets of hardware including health checks and remediation.
- Trouble shooting and debugging experience
- Communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top