Systems EE, Power Design Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. Our team has the responsibility for taking breakthrough concepts and delivering them to market at scale. We are looking for a self-starter and a team player who can thrive in a dynamic environment. This candidate will be working with cross-functional design teams throughout the full product development life-cycle. Strong communications and organizational skill and the ability to multitask across various disciplines and tasks are a must.
- Responsible for creating power models to estimate battery life, power circuit design, simulation, validation, and characterization across multiple products ensuring their successful delivery.
- Generate design documentation, perform schematic capture and power delivery network simulation, prototype bring-up and design validation.
- Characterize power consumption, battery run time, battery charging/discharging curve at each NPI build. Collect power measurements for weekly SW builds and drive power consumption optimization cross-functionally.
- Root-cause and solve technical issues during new product development and support in field escalations.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such industrial design, architecture, product design, NPI, and supply chain.
- Work closely with CM/JDM resources to leverage their engineers and maximize the focus of internal resources on adding value to and differentiating our product.
- Evaluate and enable innovative solutions for cost, size, efficiency, safety, and reliability.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in battery powered consumer electronics or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience of low voltage power design in consumer electronics or related fields.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of power conversion such as linear and switching regulators.
- Experience in Battery Management System.
- Working experience of mobile SoC and PMIC.
- Experience and knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, such as rigid, flex, hybrid, HDI, etc.
- Experience leading technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors against plans.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in bringing new technologies to product
- System integration experience involving coex between PMICs and wireless sub-systems
- Experience in performing bench level power measurements to validate battery life
- Knowledge of the relationship between physical layout and electrical performance
- Experience in running PDN and PI simulations such as Sigrity or Hyperlynx
Back to top