Systems Developer Manager, Community Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.We are looking for a full-time manager to join the Tools & Infrastructure Developer Team within Community OperationsCommunity Operations’ focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are passionate about solving people’s issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. This is your chance to work on the team that helps build the tools and systems that ensure that Facebook users have the best possible experiences, and when they don’t, that they receive quality support. As the Systems Development Dublin lead/manager you will manage site-specific projects and team members, serve as a mentor and code reviewer for the team, collaborate with project managers and cross-functional partners to scope work, and work with senior management in the team to drive improvement initiatives across our codebase and team processes. This role is based out of our Dublin office.
- Provide leadership to a Dublin based Systems Developer team, driving professional development, teamwork, and accountability.
- Work with a global management team to deliver cohesive and coordinated development strategies.
- Directly manage large projects and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver on key milestones.
- Ensure the right level of tracking and transparency of milestones is maintained.
- Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate the strategy, tactics, and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Supervise the active projects across the team to ensure they are tracking to committed goals/milestones.
- Hire, train, and develop talent.
- Design, develop, and improve the tools and systems that support Facebook’s Community Operations team.
- Partner with engineering and operations teams to create and implement processes and solutions that can scale to support the billions of people using Facebook and Instagram.
- Ask the right business questions, and leverage data to provide insights about user behavior and patterns to inform business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or 4+ years programming experience).
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Self-starting, intellectually curious, and creative individual with a passion for solving difficult problems and comfort with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, to drive change, and to collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top