Systems Architect, Electrical (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.
As a Systems Architect, you will help design next generation electrical hardware for VR devices at Oculus. You have deep expertise in electrical and firmware design and have shipped various types of consumer devices. As a leader in the team, you will be expected to lead and drive technical roadmaps; you will oversee and analyze key systems architectures and trade-offs.
- Review and influence product roadmaps across groups.
- Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software integration.
- Partner closely with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design.
- Evaluate problem space to determine key system requirements and provide solutions.
- Develop and drive component selection.
- Create internal and external system specifications.
- Keep current with vendor roadmaps and new technology development.
- Lead system performance tradeoffs and decisions.
- Define and model performance per watt.
- Specify, negotiate, and document system power management and behaviors.
- Utilize schematic and layout tools such as Cadence.
- Assess and guide early layout studies.
- Understand hi-speed interface needs and interconnects.
- Evaluate the trade-offs between CPU, GPU, and hardware accelerator implementations.
- Travel requirement: 10%.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of direct experience in electrical/firmware design (at least 5 years experience in an architectural role)
- Experience working with offshore partners
- Communication experience, with experience working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross-functional functions
- Experience in prototype bring-up and debugging
- Experience benchmarking CPUs and GPUs
- Experience with digital design and design of ASICs
- Embedded programming and scripting experience
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering
- Deep expertise in Consumer Electronics
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top